Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Monday, March 30, 2009

New Kids on the Block

Yes, I'm the biggest dork- at 30yrs old I went to see New Kids on the Block in concert! I'm not ashamed, it was awesome. I was crazy about them when I was 12-13ish but never got to see them in concert. I wasn't really interested in their reunion but my friend gave me their new cd for a birthday present, mostly as a joke. Well after listening to it, I actually liked most of the songs so when I found out they were coming to Tulsa I was excited to go. My friend Stephanie got the word out to our friends but the ones who wanted to go couldn't since it was a Monday night and in Tulsa. So Steph and I drove up and arrived in Tulsa around 3 and had plans to meet my friends Misty and Leila. That didn't work out so Steph and I went to the mall and to dinner before the concert. It was a packed house and everyone there was a female our age with a few guys or younger girls here and there. The bathroom lines sure were long with all those girls! Some of them were decked out in the New Kids shirts, hat, buttons etc. he he.

The opening act was America's Best Dance Crew winners Jabbawokeez. They were really good with very detailed choreograpy


We had pretty decent seats and it was a perfect mixture of old and new songs all of which we liked. The dancing made me laugh a little because remembering what they were like in the old days, its obvious they don't move like teenagers anymore! It was still really good though and they sounded the same.

Me and my girl Steph

No comments: