Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oklahoma Blizzard 2009

The Oklahoma weather people tend to over exaggerate so when they said we might get a bunch of snow, we only half took it seriously. I was up feeding Jorden though early Thursday morning and I have never heard the wind blow so hard...it sounded like a tornado. By noon on Christmas Eve it started sleeting and snowing and it was blowing at about 60 miles an hour. It did that all day and all night and by the time it was done we had 14 inches! This is very rare for OK



Jeff helping to push someone in our neighborhood

We braved the blizzard to go the 2 miles to Jeff's parent's house on Christmas Eve. My jeep did pretty well in the snow but people driving cars and non 4-wheel drive vehicles were getting stuck all over the place. We were almost home and came around the corner about 2 houses down when we hit a huge snow drift that got us stuck. Jeff tried for a while to get us out but had no luck and Jorden was screaming so the kids and I got out and walked the rest of the way home. It was a little difficult because I had to lug the carrier through the knee deep snow while I helped Jensen not sink since it was up to his waist. We got home though and warmed up while Jeff spent 2 hours trying to get the jeep out with no hat or gloves on. All of our winter stuff and snow shovel we never use are still in storage in Edmond. Finally, with the help of some neighbors they got it out.


This is a picture I took while it was snowing, I had to do it quick before I blew away

It is a rare thing to have so much snow and a white Christmas but by morning the sun was out but still very cold. From the inside we could see that our back door had snow on it but when we opened it there was a snow drift that was just stuck there like a wall taller than Jensen. It was a crazy sight

Snow drift outside livingroom window

Something you never see here....a snow plow

There were lots of cars stuck in deep drifts

Front yard
We had fun playing with Jensen in the snow. This drift in the backyard was taller than him

No comments: