Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Yippee for sleep!!

We moved Jorden to his own room a few weeks ago and it would have been sooner but.....

1. I was waiting for him to go more than 4hrs between feedings
2. We hadn't gotten around to setting up his crib.
3. We have a brand new baby monitor but Jensen lost the base to it somewhere in the house

Well we finally got the crib set up and we borrowed a monitor until we could find ours. Right away he started going longer between feedings. First it was five hours, then six hours then less than a week later he went 11hrs WOOHOO!! I guess being in his own room really helped and I was thrilled to have some much needed sleep after 2.5 months of only getting 2 or 3 hours at a time. I hoped it wasn't a fluke but its been a week now and he has been sleeping from about 8pm to 7am every night.

He even got to spend the night at Mimi's house last weekend. Jeff and I went to his work holiday party and left the kids with Mimi with the plan to pick Jorden up after. He was alseep when we got out though and there was no sense in waking the whole house so we left him there. He ended up sleeping until about 6:30am and Mimi fed him a bottle when he woke up. We are so proud of him for being a big boy!

So, I've been much more rested this week and feel like I have my life back. I even got to go to Mom's night out with the new MOMS Club I joined and I didn't have to worry since Jeff put the boys to bed. Oh and we found the monitor in a very weird place just like I figured would happen!

4 comments:

carriefish said...

That's great!! Yea for sleep. Glad you got a couple of nights out too!

mommy2alex said...

That's great news!!!
A night of uninterrupted sleep is an amazing thing!!
Miss you guys! :)

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

So, I spelled some words wrong and had to start over. First, glad to hear that you are getting your much deserved sleep. It is so much easier when they sleep all night and you will be a better mommy because of it. Second, no wonder he sleeps all night. Look at the chunky monkey!!! He is so cute, I won't to squeeze him. Looks like he has plenty of reserve to last all night. Way to go Jorden.