Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Welcome Baby Julia Kate

It's a GIRL! Our niece Julia Kate Jones was born on January 19, 2010. She weighed 6lbs 13oz (not 8 or 9lbs like the doctors thought) and she was 20inches long. We are all shocked that Jamie and Jerry were able to wait to find out the gender of their baby. Especially Jamie since she will admit that she's the most inpatient person ever! It drove me crazy not knowing but now she is here and big sisters Jenna and Jillian are happy to help cuddle her.
I don't have very many pictures yet because unfortunately I was unable to be there for the birth. I am so sad I missed it but Jorden came down with RSV so I had to stay away. He woke up that morning with a rattling sound in his chest and I knew that wasn't normal and called the Dr. They said to bring him in since he's so young and RSV is common this time of year. So, the plan was to take him to the Dr really quick after taking Jensen to school then go up to the hospital for the birth. Jamie went in at midnight to be induced so I hoped she wouldn't deliver before I could get there. I figured they would tell me Jorden just had a cold but he tested positive for RSV which can be very dangerous for babies, especially newborns so that meant I could not go up to the hospital. I finally got to meet Miss Julia that night after Jeff got home and I put the boys to bed. Jamie had a really easy birth and was able to go home the next day.

Julia Kate looks a lot like her sisters

Caught her with her tongue out!
I think she looks like Jerry in this pic Jorden finally got to meet his new cousin and future playmate. He looks huge next to her but she's a Jones so I'm sure she will be a chunky baby very soon!
3 girls, wow poor Jerry!


We got really lucky and Jorden didn't have very many symptoms of RSV except a little runny nose and a cough a few times a day. We had to give him an inhaler 4 times a day and big brother Jensen enjoyed doing that. I guess Jeff and Jensen had it too because they had coughs and runny noses. I think Jorden is over it now and we are keeping our fingers crossed we all stay well.

No comments: