Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow storm 2.0

The weather people warned us all week that we would be getting a major snow storm and everyone needed to stock up on supplies and prepare for power outages. Once again we were'nt sure if they were just being dramatic or if it would be like it was on Christmas Eve. The stores were crazy busy though with people buying supplies. It started on Thursday and this time it started out as freezing rain which put a thick coat of ice on everything before it started snowing. The schools cancelled Thursday classes even before it started raining so Jensen missed school that day and we stayed home. Jamie came over to pick him up though so he and the girls could go play at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They had a blast and I got a lot done around the house. Jeff doesn't mind driving in the snow so we decided to get out and go have dinner on Friday. There were lots of people sledding down the hills next to the highway and it looked like so much fun... I was jealous. One of my favorite memories as a kid was when we went to do that. I took Jensen out in front to play in the snow and I made a little sled out of our old recycle bin and a truck tie down. I pulled him down the street and he slid really fast on the on the ice/snow. Valentine's Day is coming up so Jeff has had to work overnight almost everyday so I was nervous with him driving on the icy roads.

Jensen with his Walmart sacks on his feet. He thought I was crazy but he doesn't have any snow boots and when I was a kid we used bread bags so I knew these would keep his feet dry.
Ice covered everything and we had fun knocking big sheets of ice off of the cars and house

Our makeshift sled worked pretty well but we didn't have a hill nearby. Jensen insisted on trying to pull me in it but that didn't work at all!

They are covered in snow so you can't see them but the purple boots Jeff got me for Christmas have really come in handy

Looong icicle out back

Pretty snow looking out the back door

Those icicles got really long


Jeff trying to knock some of the snow/ice down so it wouldn't make the roof leak
Luckily, we didn't lose power and we were able to get out when we wanted. The schools ended up being out 4 days so Jensen missed on Tueday too but the roads were fine except the neighborhoods. He was ready to go back on Thursday.

No comments: