Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Boo for Cavities

Jensen went to the dentist for the first time last year he wouldn't open his mouth but the second time he did great when they cleaned his teeth. This time, he got x-rays and he did awesome. The dental hygenist at Dr. Kim's office was really great and he likes her a lot. Unfortunally, the x-rays showed 2 cavities and some really big adult teeth crowding already. Dr. Kim was teasing that apparently he inherited my mouth ugh! That means fillings and I just couldn't imagine doing fillings on such a little kid but we made the appointment for today anyway. I was very anxious about it and was so worried it would hurt and he would never want to go back. He got right in the chair though and they put the topical numbing medicine on him but didn't use the gas mask like I figured they would. My heart was racing when Dr. Kim got out the big needle and I just knew Jensen was going to freak but he didn't seem to feel it so I was relieved. They had to wait a few minutes for it to kick in so they left the room. While they were out Jensen actually fell asleep, I couldn't believe it! I was worried about the drilling but he sat very still and was perfect for it too. I am so proud of him and I hope the other one goes just a smooth next week. Plus I hope he doesn't have anymore cavities!!


No comments: