Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Camera Drama

This ended up being a long story about my camera!! I have my Iphone and camera with me pretty much at all times. I'm really clumsy though and tend to drop them sometimes. In 2007, I dropped my camera that I hadn't had for very long so when Jeff bought me a new one from Best Buy he purchased the 4-year warranty. I forgot all about it until just before Christmas when I dropped my camera on the tile. Luckily the battery door was only damaged a little and I was able to take pictures at Christmas. Jeff reminded me of the warranty and said they would probably replace it so I finally got around to taking it in around mid January. I thought it was a miracle by the way that even after the move I still had all the paperwork!! Anyway, when I took it in they said they would send it off and would call me in 1-2wks when it was fixed. I asked how on earth they expected me to live without it for that long especially since I was expecting a new niece or nephew any day grrr! My mom was a sweetheart though and let me borrow hers for that time and it really came in handy when Julia was born. About a week later, I got a message on my machine that said that it would be shipped to me so I was glad I wouldn't have to go up there. It was taking a long time then I realized that Best Buy only had my old address ooops! I called and told them and they tried to locate it but no luck so they said they would replace it since they were supposed to check for that. Good, that's what I wanted anyway he he! So I went up there and I figured they would give me the same one just a new model. Nope...they don't even sell that brand anymore so I had to pick a completely different one!! That is annoying since I have the case, big memory card and extra batteries for it. The one I got is an Olympus Stylus Tough-6000 and its called that because supposedly its shockproof which means it won't break if I drop it. I don't plan on dropping it but I figured that was my best choice especially since it takes pictures underwater too. The bad news was that it takes a completely different kind of memory card and won't fit in my camera case so I bought them at Best Buy and it cost me $60. I was mad about that because I hadn't planned on having to spend so much when they goofed up. I ended up taking the memory card and case back though and finding them WAY cheaper elsewhere. So, I'm just now getting around to downloading pictures off of it. It worked out I guess....I got a new camera and so did the people who bought our old house!

No comments: