Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ikea Road Trip

Jeff has been in an exploring mood lately so we have been taking road trips a lot. We don't have an Ikea store near us and I had been wanting to go to one to get some decorating stuff for the new house since they have cheap, cool stuff. The nearest one is in Frisco Texas so we decided to make a road trip out of it. Jeff has been working crazy hours and a lot of overnights so he got to take off last Thurs and Fri. We got on the road by 9am Friday and arrived at Ikea at about noon. We decided to eat lunch in their cafeteria first and it was pretty tasty and not as unhealthy as fast food. They even had a little kids area with little tables and cartoons playing. Pink Panther was on so Jensen and Jeff loved it. After eating we got to drop Jensen off at the playground. They give you a little pager and you come back to get your kid after an hour. I love this service since it allows you to shop in peace and Jensen had a blast. It didn't work as well for us this time though because as soon as we dropped Jensen off, Jorden was ready to eat so I spent half of that hour feeding him and didn't get to shop that long. Trying to shop at that place with Jeff and the kids was a big mistake and I only ended up buying a mirror. I wish we had an Ikea closer so I could go whenever. I'm having a lucky streak I guess though because on Wed I found a 20 dollar bill in the street in front of my house and on Friday Jensen found a 10 dollar bill in the parking lot at Ikea! We bought a couple of scratch off lottery tickets with it but didn't win anything Jensen eating in the kids area at Ikea

Jeff eating Swedish meatballs since Ikea is swedish
After Ikea, we went to Fry's which is the place Jeff wanted to go. It is like a huge geek heaven where they sell computer stuff, books, CDs, car audio, TVs, office supplies, appliances etc.
This was a funny beanie hat they sell at Fry's

After Fry's we were worn out and hungry so we wanted to get something to eat before getting on the road to head home. The rush hour traffic was a mess and I'm so glad I don't live there. We ended up eating at Humperdinks and it was good. We finally made it home at about 11pm and I'm glad to say the kids did pretty well for being in the car so long

No comments: