Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Potty Time

WOOHOO more big boy news around here. On Saturday, Jensen was sitting on the couch and out of the clear blue he said "Mommy I want to pee on the potty" We made a big deal of it as usual and he asked to put on underwear. Since then, he has only worn a diaper at night!!! He's done really well with only a few accidents here and there mostly while outside and preocupied. I must say, he can go a lot longer than I can without having to pee (which isn't saying much since according to Jeff I'm a pee factory!)
Wearing big boy underwear YAY! Never told me not to take his picture until now. I guess he knows I'll be showing his future girlfriends he he
His Dr and the so called experts say that boys especially may take longer but they just decide on their own to go on the potty. I tried to be patient and believe but I was skeptical since a lot of people say you have to do all the potty training stuff as soon as they show any signs of readiness. So, I'm very shocked that he just decided one day to be a big boy out of nowhere but I'm sure it has a lot to do with the big boy bed. Anyway, we are on a new adventure and I've learned that neither he nor I spontaneously combust when he pees on a friends kitchen floor so maybe we'll survive.

Trying out the big potty... a different way, hey whatever works for ya!

Went to a HUGE consignment sale today at the fairgrounds called Just Between Friends. I've gone a few times before to stock up on clothes and made out pretty good this time too. I spent $94 on all the stuff you see here and didn't pay more that $5 for any one item. There was lots of cute stuff so I had to be careful and I could spend all day looking at the books even though J has a million.

2 comments:

mommy2alex said...

YAY Jensen!!!! What a big boy!

Allison said...

Oh Yeah for Jensen! Evan hit 3 and it was like a light bulb went on... And JBF... :( I miss it. They have it here in Indy now (RATS - I wanted to get back here and buy a franchise before someone else did... 1.5 years too late!) It isn't nearly as popular here as in OK. I'll let you know how I do if/when I go...