Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Boomer Sooner

Since before Jensen was born, Jeff has wanted to take him to an OU game and thought he was finally old enough this year. I wasn't really up for it but he got me by saying that I could take pictures and do a scrapbook page. Man, that guy has me figured out! Luckily we got free tickets from Jeff's Aunt Janet and Uncle Terry who are season ticket holders. The plan was to go and leave at half time since it would be a long game. We got down to OU and paid $15 to park in someones yard but told them we would not be staying the whole game. They said no problem but do you think they blocked us in? You betcha. The seats were in the south end zone at the very top against the wall so there was more room up there but the sun was hot and shining right in our eyes. As soon as they shot the first guns, Jensen was ready to go home. He begged and begged even though we tried everything we could think of to entertain him. He was shaking and said it was too loud. Poor baby. So we left even before the first quarter was over.

Jensen and Daddy walking to the stadium
The one thing Jensen did seem impressed with was a man who had a mohawk hair do sitting in front of us. He talked about it all day and he keeps asking to look at pictures of them online. Hope he doesn't ask to get one! Once we got out of the stadium he was fine and we had a good time walking around on campus with him and going in a few Sooner shops.

He keeps saying "I don't like that red show"

Scared Jensen
When we get back to the car we are blocked in but there was a small gap that I thought we could try to squeeze through. I did not want to have to wait another 3 hrs for the game to be over then who knows how long it would take people to get to their cars then try to fight traffic UGGH! After inching back and forth for about 20min and being VERY careful, Jeff got us out thank goodness. Here is how close we were to these cars.

I was supposed to be directing Jeff on what to do next but I had to snap a few pics
It was an adventure but I think we will wait a while longer to take Jensen to a game again



2 comments:

carriefish said...

You may have created a Cowboy! I'm kidding--you were very adventurous to try that out. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the game, though.

Bleicher Family said...

There's still plenty of time in years to come to make Jensen a Sooner fan! And the car situation you had....that is an everyday event here in Italy!