Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Halloween Party

Last Friday was our MOMS Club halloween party. The kids made a craft and decorated cookies. This year, we went to the party store and I let Jensen pick out his own costume. He chose to be Handy Manny a cartoon character who has talking tools and fixes things. I wonder if he picked that because we are doing a lot of that around here :) We had a great time and ate lots of yummy treats.


Jensen started running a fever and having a croupy cough on Sun afternoon so he didn't feel well. He was really healthy last winter so it has been a long time since he was sick thank goodness. By Mon morning he was feeling really bad and I couldn't get his fever to go down so I took him to see Dr. Schaefer. She said he just had a cold and needed motrin so I felt a little dumb for taking him in. He had no more fever though by the next day but coughed very hard all night long for several days so we were really sleep deprived. He's back to his old self now though and ornery as ever! Jeff had to work until midnight two nights in a row this week doing updates so we really missed him. He got Friday off so that was nice

My kitchen has been decorated in a Coca-Cola theme and I always wanted an old-fashioned soda fountain style room. Well, I've grown a little tired of it all and it might sell better in a more neutral decor. I had a stained glass hanging light fixture that needed to go so I put it on Craigs-list. I had never sold anything on there before so I was a little nervous but it only took 1 day and a man came and paid me $75 cash for it. I'm a big fan of Craigs-list now!

The bathroom shower is pretty much done but we have not been able to clean it up all the way due to a clogged drain. Its always something I know! We have tried all kinds of cleaners with no luck so I called out a plumber on Thursday to look at it. He had to bring in a special electric tool and worked hard on it for a while until he finally got it moving again. You have never seen someone so excited to see water go down a drain! I think the guy thought I was crazy. I was getting sick picturing what would happen if we couldn't get it flowing. The plumber Chris was my hero that day and turns out there was concrete blocking it yikes! It was so hard it polished the end of metal tool!! After he left I was able to clean some more and I painted the room so I felt like I accomplished a lot that day!





No comments: