Most people know by now but in case you hadn't heard Jeff and I have been trying for another baby for 11 cycles now with no luck. We didn't tell anyone at first (not even my mom or Jamie can you believe I was able to do that!) because we wanted it to be a surpise when it happened and didn't want the pressure of everyone knowing. Well, after about 6 months of that I was going crazy so we started telling people. It helped a lot to talk about it finally.
Last summer, I learned from tracking my cycles and reading online that I have what's called luteal phase defect (LPD) which is basically not enough days between ovulation and the end of the cycle. Trust me, I know more about all this conception stuff than I ever wanted to know! I guess its a pretty easy fix in most cases with the standard treatment being the fertility med Clomid. We were a little nervous at first about it because it can have an increased chance of multiples but its small and we decided 2 would be better than none. I just really don't want a litter!
So after 4 cycles on clomid and 1 with clomid plus two other meds, we saw no real change in my cycles. My Dr informed me yesterday that she is sending us to a fertility specialist which I am extremely unhappy about. The only good thing is that my Dr has not been very good about communicating with me about his stuff so maybe now I will get the proper treatment now.
Its not fair and has been an emotional rollercoaster every single month but I have tried to keep in mind that for me everything happens for a reason and it will happen when its supposed to. Its frustrating though and hard not to worry about it since my body is not doing what its supposed to. With Jensen, we tried for 6 months and that was frustrating but I was at a job I hated and 2 weeks after I started my new job I found out I was pregnant. I keep thinking that maybe it hasn't happened because we are supposed to finish this home improvement stuff first and be closer to having a newer, bigger house. It just goes to show that you can make all the plans in the world but things don't always happen when you want them to!
Thanks for your support and keep your fingers crossed for us that it won't be much longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment