Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jeep Drama

Last thursday I was driving my Jeep home from walmart and it just died right in the middle of a two lane road! People couldn't get around me and I obviously couldn't get out and push it. I called Jeff and he said he would get there asap and told me to call the police to help me get out of the road. I called and they were SO unhelpful! I talked to two different stations and all they wanted to do was call a tow truck and I didn't want that since who knows how long that would take and Jeff could probably fix whatever it was that made it die. By this time I am sobbing like a crazy fool telling him that no I did not want a tow truck. I was so upset!! Finally this good samaritan shows up and pushes my car to the side of the road. He asked if I wanted a ride somewhere and I said no I will call a friend that lives close. He told me he was going stay there until my friend came because I seemed really upset. I was like yeah I know I'm pregnant and hormonal!! He was really understanding and my friend Kathie is a saint for dropping everything and coming to my rescue. Luckily Jensen was at school that day. Jeff came home and we ended up having it towed to the house (which cost $102) and it looked like the fuel pump was out. The jeep was giving a code for some sensor thingy so Jeff tried that and it worked for a while but on Sat Jeff took it for a test drive and it died on him. He put in a different sensor and that has kept it running since then. We are still replacing the fuel pump though. It made me nervous last month when I rolled over 90,000 miles on good ol' Beep Beep the Jeep but the plan is to drive it to Indianapolis in 2 weeks so I hope there are no more surprises!

Poor Beep Beep getting loaded on the tow truck

Jeff worked on the Jeep on Sat evening and Jensen was more than happy to help him. I'm realizing more and more how lucky I am to have a handy husband because a lot of my friends have to take their cars to a shop to get fixed which is a lot more expensive They were so cute working together on man stuff

Two grease monkeys under the car
Helping Daddy with the jack


Jensen got some grease around his eye somehow and we thought he looked like Mike Tyson :)

Jensen taking a ride on the jack after they were done

2 comments:

RHMandK Brown said...

Okay, so the drama might not have been fun, but you got some great pictures because of it. I love the one of the boys under the car together! And, I love that despite the fact you say you were a sobbing mess that you had the wherewithall to get a picture of your car being towed!!!

Allison said...

you are a true scrapbooker for catching all that on film!

Oh - and i'm sorry the police didn't help you! How lame! Of course, the one time Andy's car died onh his way home from work out there, he went inside the hotel to wait for a tow, and came back after 30 minutes to find his car had been towed by the police! The tow we called for was free with his car plan, but we first had to go pay like$200 to get it out of the "car jail" - Funny how the police were so helpful then!? I hope your car DOES make it to Indy. I'll come rescue you then!