Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarden and 1st Lost Tooth

I remember when I first had Jensen and I had friends with school age kids and I thought that was so far away and that was so grown up. Now that I have one though it seems unreal that he is that big already. In the past, the first day of kindergarden was an even bigger deal because it was the first time kids went to school. Now that there is pre-k and mother's day out programs this day was't as sad as it could have been. Next year when he goes to school all day may be a different story! 

Baby brother had to get in on the action

Jensen's new school, Wayland Bonds (named after a former superintendent) is just outside our neighborhood. He goes to afternoon kindergarten and got the same teacher the girls had last year. His good friend Ryan from across the street is in his class so he is excited.
I walked Jensen to class and when we got there all the kids had to line up in the hallway. While I wasn't looking, baby brother went over and sat down with the rest of them. Jorden is big too!

After they got in class all the parents said goodbye and went to the media center for a special thing they called Boo hoo/Yee haw brunch. They had snacks and gave everyone a package of tissues and a noisemaker to either cry or celebrate the occasion. We got to meet the principal and counselor and take a tour if we wanted. It was cute.
First Lost Tooth!
This was one crazy day! We had the excitment of school starting plus my dad was having a stent put in his heart so right after school I took the boys to Grandma's house and went to the hospital to see him. While I was there, Grandma pulled Jensen's loose tooth. They said he was a little shocked at first but was excited. The tooth fairy brought Jensen a dollar and my dad came through the procedure great. By the end of the day I didn't know if I could handle anymore excitement!

No comments: