Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vegas Baby!

Every year Jeff goes to what I call the super nerd convention and this year it was in Las Vegas so he asked me to go with him. I said no at first since I've been there, done that and I was not sure what to do with th boys. My sweet Momma offered to take off work to keep them so I really had no reason not to go enjoy some r and r. We left on a Monday morning 8/29 and arrived at the Venetian hotel at about 1pm. I was happy my prescription worked and I didn't get sick on the plane. I was very excited to be staying at the beautiful Venetian because I fell in love with it the first time I went to Vegas many years ago but never dreamed we would ever stay there for FREE! Since his work paid for him to go, we just had to buy my plane ticket and food/entertainment so you couldn't beat that.
Our room was so nice with a bedroom, full living room and a huge bathroom with a big tub and a tv. The shades/curtains even had a remote control. We really enjoyed sleeping later than 7am 

Our room had 3 tvs including in the bathroom!

This was our nice view. The hotel had about 12 different pools so while Jeff was at the convention or slot machines I laid by the pool and read a book. I also worked out in the fancy fitness center

Main hallway of the Venetian. There was a lot to see at the hotel so we did a lot of walking around and browsing in the stores by the canal. It was all so beautiful
Jeff being a dork at the slot machines. He enjoys it but it's not really my thing
On one of the days Jeff was busy I took a cab to the Passion Parties warehouse and corporate office for a tour. It was neat seeing how they do things and I got to sit in the presiden's office chair

We walked along the strip to the neighboring hotels. This was a pretty waterfall at the Wynn

I had been wanting to do the gondola ride since the first time I saw it. It just seems so romantic. Jeff grumbled a litte but humored me and we had a nice ride while being sang to. After this, we went to the farewell party for the convention. They had all the free food and drinks you want plus the band The Killers played. Then the party continued poolside with more food, beverages and even hired "mermaids" that swam in the pools
I missed my babies a bunch but it sure was nice to just relax and not worry about anyone's diapers, mealtimes or naptimes. My batteries were recharged and I didn't get sick on the plane home either

No comments: