Went to my regular OB on Friday for a check-up. Since it was my first visit this time around I just saw the nurse and she took down my health history etc and sent me to get blood drawn and a urine sample. Most people have this appointment at about 6wks so they normally don't listen for the heartbeat on the dopplar machine but since I was almost 11wks I asked her to do it. She said only if I promised not to cry and be upset if we couldn't find it. I had no doubt we could hear it since that's about how far along I was when we heard Jensen. However, I learned that with 2nd babies its harder to find since things are more stretched out.....great! She tried for a long time and used a second machine and finally there it was...... a fast healthy heartbeat. I was soooo relieved since that's the only way to know everything is ok at this point. My bloodwork came back perfect so that's good too.
Since it was a simple visit I just took Jensen with me and came armed with a sucker and some books. Well, that was a mistake! He was fine when the nurse was checking my blood pressure and finding the heartbeat but when I was trying to talk to her he was awful. He was opening the trash, playing with the stirrups and throwing tampons all over the room! The nurse even left once so I could try to get him under control. I wanted to pull my hair out and the sucker bribe did not work! I won't be doing that again
I go back in about 3wks and we should find out if its a boy or girl in about 7 wks so I'll keep you posted! I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment