Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

4D ultrasound

I have been looking forward to having a 4D ultrasound since before I got pregnant. I had been able to go to a couple of friends' sessions and was amazed by how clear you can see the baby. I also thought it would be neat for Jensen to be able to see the baby and hopefully make it more real for him.
The place we went is called Miracle Within and you go into a large room with a wall sized screen and a few other monitors. You can invite as many people as you want and they sit on a big sectional couch to watch. Your images from the ultrasound are much more clear than the regular 2D ones and you can see movement in real time. Afterward, you get a CD with pictures and a DVD.
So we had about 10 people go with us to see baby Jonesy. He was snuggled up against the placenta some so that's what you see on both sides of his face. There was just enough gap where we could get a good look at his face. It was so sweet when he smiled and of course, being a Jones, he stuck out his lower lip and tongue for us. We were all trying to guess who he looked like and I think he definitely has Jeff's chin and lips.

Everyone after seeing the baby

Baby face
semi-ok hand shot

Big Grin

opening his mouth

Boy parts!

sweet smile

No comments: