Welcome!
Thanks For Checking Our Blog!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Will it ever end?
I thought since we were done with all our home improvement projects except for the fence we would have the house on the market very soon. Well, turns out the staging and decluttering is going to take a lot longer than I though grrr! We have to completely empty the man cave, I mean garage to paint the gross dingy walls and ceiling but that requires getting the car put back together to get it out. We also have a lot of unnecessary furniture to remove and the question is where is it all going to go? Maybe in the garage once its painted and cleaned out, maybe in a storage unit? Also, what do we do with the stuff we don't want? We could sell it but that requires time and effort and since we are less than 90days from having the baby I'm not thrilled about doing any of that. Its also hard to decorate and stage when I have no design sense at all. Our real estate agent friend Rodd took me to Kirklands home store this weekend to get some stuff to decorate with but it just makes my head spin and I'm not entirely sure all this is necessary. Since it looks like we will not be out of here before the baby comes, I have to figure out where the stuff for him is going to go as well. All but the most bare essentials will have to be stored for a while I guess. I wish I could call one of those tv shows and have them come do all this for me in 1 day!! Ok that's my vent for today.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My realtor paid someone to come in and do it for us. We did nothing. Call the big billboard loady Mandy Renee :) - but I'm sure you wouldn't want to jump ship on your realtor. Hmmm. I wish I were there to help. She did tell us though that the garage did NOT matter. I was surprised by that advice, but We had PILES of stuff in there. She said as long as it didn't look like junk just thrown everywhere that it was okay. Maybe that could ease the pressure on you a bit? I'd store some things out there! Seriously wish I could help. :) Watch HGTV, those "designed to sell" shows on A&E, or look them up online, they have really good suggestions for CHEAP.
Post a Comment