Went to see the specialist a few weeks ago and I can't say I got many answers but I hope we are on the right track. I spoke with the Dr for quite a while and he said we could try a different kind of med to see if that works. In the mean time he did an ultrasound to look at my girl parts and took blood to test for thyroid and hormone problems. My parts looked normal and he could even tell that I ovulated which was really a surpise since it was a lot earlier than normal for me. My thyroid and hormone level was normal so that is good news. I also had to go to a different lab the next week and do a blood glucose test to check for diabetes since I had in during pregnancy with Jensen and I have a strong family history. I went in and drank that awful orange sugar drink and I had to sit there for 2hrs then they drew blood. When I called for my results the nurse said I have "impaired glucose intolerance" but the Dr wants to talk to me about it at a consultation in Feb. So I googled it and this is what it said:
two-hour glucose levels of 140 to 199 mg per dL on the 75-g oral glucose tolerance test. A patient is said to be under the condition of IGT when he/she has an intermediately raised glucose level after 2 hours, but less than would qualify for type 2 diabetes mellitus
and this is what to do about it:
Although some drugs can delay the onset of diabetes, lifestyle modifications play a greater role in the prevention of diabetes. Patients identified as having an IGT should exercise regularly and limit sugar intake.
So that is bad news but I can't say I'm shocked. I'm not pleased to hear my struggle to eat right will be even more difficult especially since I have a crazy sweet tooth. The Dr wants us to do some other tests but I told him we want to see if this new med works before moving on to any other treatment. That's the latest, we'll see what happens I guess. Sorry no pictures to share on this topic LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment