Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Holy Tornados

We've had some crazy weather lately even for Oklahoma. Just a few weeks ago we had an ice storm with snow then this week it was a beautiful 70 degrees. Only problem was a cold front came in and brought tornados in Feb! On Tuesday it was really nice out so after Jensen woke up from nap I planned on taking him to the park but then it got really dark. My mom called luckily to tell me that there were tornado warnings in Yukon/Bethany. I turned on the tv to watch and while I was on the phone with my dad the power went out. I had to fumble to find the weather radio then Jensen and I got into the closet to wait it out just in case (Jeff was at work). Luckily it went a little north of us and we didn't have any damage. I know we are loved though because lots of people called or texted to check on us so that made me feel good! The tornado hit only about 2 miles north of us so it was a close call. Our 16yr old neighbor girl Bre was finally released from school and came over to wait to see if the other storms were going to hit us but thankfully we just got a small amount of hail.

A quick update on the house.....we have been at a little bit of a stand still because it is the busy time at Jeff's work for Valentines Day. I did have the new vanity top installed this week and it looks great. I just need to get Jeff to install the faucet. I went to look at preschools in S. OKC this week too hoping that we will be living down there by fall. I'm enrolling him at one up here too just in case. Its really hard for me not knowing where we will be grrrr!!

No comments: