Welcome!

Thanks For Checking Our Blog!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snow Days

The big news here in OK was the snow storm that visited us last week. It started sleeting at around 11am on Monday and made the roads very slick. We went to the library that morning for storytime but came straight home and stayed there the rest of the day and all day Tuesday. We had to get creative with things to do but it was kind of nice to take a break from running around. By Wednesday though we had to get out so we went to the mall for lunch and so Jensen could play. Edmond schools were out for 3 days and that included Jensen's school on Thursday. I was bummed because I had stuff planned but Jeff was home part of the day because he went in early so I at least went to the gym.

When we got home from the mall, it was pretty warm but there was still snow on the ground so we got out and played in it for a while before it melted. As you can imagine, Jensen's favorite thing about the snow was throwing snowballs. He got such a kick out of pelting me with snow and his laugh was too cute. I think he could have done that for hours but it started to get cold. I thought it was oddly gratifying to chunk stuff at him too even though a few times my aim was a little too good and I got him in the face oops. Little stinker snuck a piece of snow in the house and got me in the kitchen!

This kid has an arm!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I think it is hilarious that the pictures of your big snow storm only show snow on the roads and the grass is showing otherwise! :) I know some of it had probably melted - and I know that a snowstorm in OK is not quite the same as it is other places! (We got 1 foot of snow last week!) Looks like you had fun!